- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 kg premium mince
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 x cans chopped tomato
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Heat a large deep frying pan over high heat
- Add the oil, onion and garlic and cook for one minute
- Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps
- Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, stock, bay leaf, salt and pepper, and stir to combine
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened.
Serve with pasta of your choice or it’s the start to your lasagne!!