Mouth watering tender Corned beef, at our house we use in sandwiches with some Dijon mustard.
- 1.2kg Corned silverside
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 peppercorns
- 1 large whole onion peeled
- 6 cloves
- 1/3 cup malt vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Remove fat from silverside if you wish
- Place beef in a large saucepan
- Add bay leaves, peppercorns, onion, cloves, vinegar, sugar and enough water to cover
- Bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer
- Cover and cook for 1 hour 30 mins
- Turn off heat and leave to cool off in the brine. Then remove.
Serve with mashed potato and vegetables of your choice or straight into some lovely fresh bread.