Watergrasshill Angus Corned Beef
Mouth watering tender Corned beef, at our house we use in sandwiches with some Dijon mustard.
1.2kg Corned silverside
2 bay leaves
1 large whole onion peeled
1/3 cup malt vinegar
½ cup brown sugar
- REMOVE FAT FROM SILVERSIDE IF YOU WISH
- PLACE BEEF IN A LARGE SAUCEPAN
- ADD, BAY LEAVES, PEPPERCORNS, ONION, CLOVES, VINEGAR, SUGAR AND ENOUGH WATER TO COVER
- BRING TO THE BOIL
- REDUCE HEAT TO LOW AND SIMMER, COVER FOR 1 HOUR 30 MINS
- TURN HEAT OFF HEAT AND LEAVE TO COOL OFF IN THE BRINE. THEN REMOVE
Serve with mashed potato and vegetables of your choice or straight into some lovely fresh bread.